This is the online archive of all the issues of Zolid Matters for your inspectment and delight. Now also includes The Jameld Line (see below).
Each issue has been rated for quality by a team of specially-trained lab rats, from ***** (Technician, please change our newspaper) all the way down to * (Subject motionless, possibly in shock or asleep).
- Acrobat 3.0 PDF file (201K) of Issue 1, Äugüt 1998 (Lab Rating: *****)
A special one-off publication, The Jameld Line features a report on the BJZ-sponsored expedition to Zuraalant which took place in June 1998. What or where is Zuraalant? This should provide all the answers you require (and a few you could cheerfully do without). Also in this issue: Jameld and the Millennium Bug, a biography of the Jameldic artist/composer Gerg T~sohnenbörg, and the Inverse Caption Competition. This PDF preserves the Jameldic characters and layout intact by font embedding.
- An HTML-only version was supposed to be in preparation, to include extra photos of the Zuraalant expedition, but we never got round to it; the English-Jameld dictionary took a year or three longer than expected to complete, so we've been a little busy. The PDF's well worth the effort, though, IMHO, and the lab rats seemed to like it too.
Past issues of Zolid Matters
Please note: one or two of these issues have been abridged for web publication.
- Issue 12, Novembü 1997 (Lab Rating: ****)
The final issue, featuring A Phrase a Quarter (I think I've bought a pregnant mouse), IJD3 retrospective and Winnie-the-Pooh in Jameld. Also as an Acrobat 3.0 PDF (135K): preserves Jameldic characters intact.
- Issue 11, Iul 1997 (Lab Rating: ***)
Sevorian Special, featuring Sevorian Through the Ages, A Phrase a Quarter and Frothcoming Events [sic]
- Issue 10, Martt~s 1997 (Lab Rating: *****)
Special Double Issue, featuring the Traveller's Phrasebook, the Ulvita Stone and Dear Ed
- Issue 9, Oktobü 1996 (Lab Rating: ***)
Renaming the BJZ, A Phrase a Quarter (the Barbershop Scene), The Saga of Jorthel, Jabberwocky in Jameld, ZM considered safe
- Issue 8, Äprél 1996 (Lab Rating: **)
The Issue with the Green Blob, featuring A Phrase A Quarter, Dear Ed, IJD2 news, BJZ online
- Issue 7, Oktobü 1995 (Lab Rating: *****)
The History Special, a double-size issue featuring a History of the Jameld-Speaking Peoples, A Phrase A Quarter, Hitch-Hiker in Jameld, J2 news, Spotlight on BJZ staff
- Issue 6, Äprél 1995 (Lab Rating: **)
A Phrase A Quarter (In the Restaurant), The First International Jameld Day
- Issue 5, Oktobü 1994 (Lab Rating: **)
A Phrase A Quarter (Buying a Carpet), Retrograde Progress, Ulysses in Jameld
- Issue 4, Äprél 1994 (Lab Rating: **)
A Phrase A Quarter part 1, the Decline of Sigmund, Flocci-nauci-nihili-pili-fication
- Issue 3, Oktobü 1993 (Lab Rating: *)
Translation projects, J2 news, Canterbury Tales in Jameld
- Issue 2, Äprél 1993 (Lab Rating: *)
Decennary celebrations, Oh Freddled Gruntbuggly (singing in Jameld), A Message to Members (in Jameld)
- Issue 1, Oktobü 1992 (Lab Rating: *, if that)
included here mainly for historical reasons, and certainly not on merit
Main ZM Index